Charleston County School District & CARTA Routes
The maps on below show the location of Charleston County School District (CCSD) schools and which CARTA routes operate near each school. Please click on one of the following links to view the maps:
- CCSD Elementary Schools and CARTA Routes
- CCSD Middle Schools and CARTA Routes
- CCSD High Schools and CARTA Routes
Who needs a car when you have CARTA? CARTA can take you all over downtown, to the beaches, to the malls, to concerts and more! If you are a student at various area institutions, passes are available and are good for an incredible 6 months unlimited use on regular route services.
Best Value Pass
Student passes are valid for an entire semester (6 months-period), all for only $80 per semester.
Student passes allow unlimited use on all regular fixed routes and can be used on premium services like CARTA Express with an additional $1.00.
Student passes are available for student attended eligible institutions. For eligibility requirements, please call 843-724-7420.
Students will be required to show a current school ID.
Passes can be purchased at the CARTA offices located at 3664 Leeds Ave. in North Charleston. Several institutions throughout the Charleston area work with CARTA to provide students with passes on campus.
Programs and cost very vary for each institution. For details on your school’s pass program please select your school from the list below. Passes are available on campus at the following:
- Burke High School
- Burke Middle School
- North Charleston High School
- Stall High School
- West Ashley High School
- Wando High School Moultrie Middle School
- Centura College College of Charleston
- Trident Technical College
- Miller Motte Technical College
- Charleston Southern University
For more information, please call (843) 724-7420.
Discounts may be available if you have a school group that would like to use CARTA for a field trip or area outing. Large groups should always contact CARTA administration offices to make sure that services are monitored to ensure an effective trip.
Here’s a few thing to keep in mind:
- An existing route must be used.
- CARTA can not come to your location or detour from regular route service for your trip.
- Please plan your trip along regular route lines and regular route times.
If you need trip planning assistance, please refer to our trip planner or call 843-724-7420 to speak to administration.
**If your school would like to find out more about CARTA’s pass programs, contact us by email at email@example.com or call 843-724-7420.